Student Technology Resource Guide
The University provides students a Gmail account, part of G Suite, for their official university email account.
G Suite Apps
G Suite is a cloud-hosted service that includes access to productivity and collaboration applications.
ITS recommends that all computers on the university network have antivirus installed on them. Free solutions are available for personally-owned devices on the software website.
myUConn, the official app of the University, is available from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. For other types of phones and tablets, ITS provides a mobile-friendly site.
You have two ways to access Office:
Login to the Office 365 portal and choose to install Office from the online portal. You can download Office applications on up to five devices. These versions are available as long as you are enrolled.
Use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote through your web browser via the Office 365 online portal.
UConn Software Catalog
The UConn Software Catalog website provides you with three ways to acquire university-licensed software:
- Download university-licensed software directly onto your computer.
- Visit a computer lab with the software installed.
- Access select university-licensed software online and stream it to your device on-demand.
- Students can purchase Adobe Creative Cloud through the University at a discounted price.
Information Technology Services (ITS)
Supporting UConn's faculty, staff, and students
Hardware to Bring
- Desktop or laptop, Windows or Mac Some academic programs have specific computing requirements. Check before you buy.
- Ethernet Cable
- At least 25 feet
- Surge Protector
- External Hard Drive
- At least 500GB
- USB Thumb Drive
- At least 64GB
- Gaming Systems & Streaming Devices
- Wired with Ethernet
- Digital Television
- With QAM tuner
- See tv.uconn.edu for more information
For support on the following items, conact or visit the Technology Support Center
- Mobile Devices
- Gaming Consoles
Stop by the front desk in our HBL location for onboarding assistance:
- Software access & installation
- Virus detection & removal
- Email set up
- Wireless Connectivity
- Static IP assignment