Step 1: New Student To Do
Welcome to UConn! As a newly admitted student, it is important you set up or complete the following information, if you haven’t done so already.
- NetID: Activate your NetID, your unique Network Identifier. It enables access to computing and administrative services.
- Email: UConn uses Google Apps for Education for its student email system and to send students official communications from the University. If you are beginning classes as an undergraduate in the fall semester, you will have access to this email account starting in mid-May when you have been matriculated into the University. If you are starting classes as an undergrad in January, you will have access to your University email account in mid-November. You will also have access to other Google services such as Calendar, Drive, and Hangout. Graduate students are matriculated throughout the year; their email accounts are assigned at admission.
- Student Administration System (Part 1): Log in to check grades, pay your fee bill, view your financial aid status and respond to requests for information.
- Housing: After you pay your enrollment deposit, register for University housing using your NetID. (It usually takes up to 3 business days for new students to have access in My Housing after they have successfully paid the enrollment deposit.)
- Students.uconn.edu: Access your UConn accounts, announcements, and news on a single page, including world news, the Events calendar, and campus and academic resources.